Here are five reasons why you want to get into the habit of doing this regularly (as suggested by the filter manufacturer):
- Improve the air quality in your home (at all times of the year)
- Decrease your energy costs
- Allows your HVAC system to work at peak performance
- Extends the life of your furnace
- Helps maintain a clean HVAC system
As you can see, these things are important for a number of reasons. For example, decreasing your energy costs will save you money over the course of the year. Also, extending the life of your furnace can save you from paying for a replacement sooner than necessary.
With all this in mind, you should get into the habit of changing your furnace filter once every three to four months (typically).
If you need any help with this, don’t hesitate to contact us. We’re more than happy to assist you!