It may not be the most exciting home improvement project to tackle, but there could come a point when your home requires a new furnace.
If you find yourself in this position, here are some of the many details to consider:
- System type. Do you require a packaged system or split system? This is best left to a professional.
- Fuel source. There is more than one type of furnace, with gas, oil, and electric among the most common.
- What type of warranty comes with your new furnace? This is a good question to ask, as you never know if something could go wrong in the future.
- An energy efficient furnace is one that will save you money. You never want to overlook the importance of this detail.
- It goes without saying that you want to get a good deal on your new furnace. It also goes without saying that you want to get what’s best for your home. Pricing is important to most people, so make sure you compare several options.
With all this mind, it’s easy to see how difficult it can be to purchase the right furnace. If you need any assistance, you’re in the right place. We can help you select the right furnace for your home. From there, we’ll also complete the installation process for you.
When it comes to plumbing safety, there are things you absolutely need to do. Neglecting to take the right steps could put your health and well being in jeopardy.
While there is no guaranteed way to avoid trouble when tackling a plumbing project, here are some safety tips to consider:
- Protect your eyes at all times. You never know what could go flying when tackling a plumbing project, so make sure you always wear protective eyewear.
- Turn off power and shut off gas lines before starting your project. This may sound like overkill, but it’s one of the best steps you can take from a safety perspective.
- Use the right tools (in the right manner). Using the right tool can be the difference between success and failure. Adding to this, using the wrong tool or the right tool in the wrong manner can lead to a serious injury.
These may not be the only plumbing tips you follow, but they can go a long way in keeping you safe.
If you want to take all the guesswork out of the equation, hire a professional plumber who can complete the job for you. Once the job is done, you’ll look back and realize that this was the best decision you could have made.
With the holiday season quickly approaching, it won’t be long before people are visiting your home for hours on end.
With this in mind, now may be the time to tackle that bathroom project you have been dreaming of. If you don’t know where to start (or if you need to start), here are three ideas to consider:
- Install a new vanity. This is one of the best ways to spice up any bathroom, giving it a fresh look and feel. Best yet, you don’t have to spend an arm and a leg on a new vanity.
- Install a new toilet. Let’s face it: an old toilet has a way of dragging down the appearance of any bathroom. If your toilet is in need of an upgrade, make a change before your holiday guests begin to arrive.
- Update your shower or tub. There are many ways to do this, such as by swapping out the old faucet for a new one, adding modern tile, or resurfacing the old material.
If one or more of these bathroom upgrades makes sense for your home, don’t hesitate to take action before the holidays. You’ll be glad that you did when your guests begin to arrive!
Buying a new furnace is easier said than done. The same holds true for the installation process. With all this in mind, you’ll want to consult with a professional before doing anything.
As the process moves forward, here are five questions to ask a pro before making a final decision:
- How large should the furnace be? Bigger is not always better, so make sure you ask this question.
- How is efficiency measured? You want to purchase an energy efficient furnace, as it will save you money over the long run.
- Is there ever a good time to purchase a used furnace? Believe it or not, this is something that many people consider.
- Is there more than one type of furnace to choose from? The short answer is yes. You’ll want to discuss your many options with an HVAC professional.
- Are there any furnace accessories that make sense for your new unit and home?
While these are among the most important questions, many others may come to mind. If you need answers in the immediate future, don’t hesitate to contact us.
Are you facing a plumbing project that has you a bit scared? Have you come to the conclusion that it’s best to consult with a professional?
There is no denying the fact that some homeowners enjoy tackling a plumbing project. At the same time, there is often more to this than meets the eye. You need to be careful about what you take on, as one false step could cause you a lot of trouble.
Here are several projects that typically call for a professional plumber:
- Moving pipes. Do you need to reroute pipes, maybe because you’re taking on a kitchen or bathroom renovation? This calls for an experienced professional.
- Setting a toilet. This sounds easy enough, until you realize that a simple mistake could lead to a leak that has the potential to cause quite a bit of damage.
- Plumbing your entire home. You may need to take on this project if your home’s plumbing is outdated and causing you trouble. This is one of the more complex projects, so don’t hesitate to reach out to a professional.
As you can see, there are times when leaning on a professional plumber is the only way to go. Rather than attempt a DIY project, don’t hesitate to reach out to us.
When it comes time to tackle a bathroom renovation project, don’t hesitate to set goals. This will keep you on track from start to finish, while helping ensure that you are happy with the end result.
This leads to an important question: what are the right bathroom renovation goals?
While there is no right or wrong answer to this question, as you need to do what’s right for you, here are some things you may strive for:
- To add more space to your bathroom
- To add more functionality to your bathroom
- To make it feel like a luxury spare
- To use high end fixtures
- To make the space more convenient for guests
What do you think of these goals? Do one or more of these make sense when it comes to your bathroom renovation?
As long as you have at least one goal in mind, you’ll always be on the right track to not only tackling your renovation project but to being happy with the end result. Is there anything more important than that?
There is nothing worse than the thought of a pipe bursting in your home. While you hope this never happens to you, it could come about when you least expect it.
Here are the steps you need to take if a pipe bursts in your home:
- Shut off your water at the main water valve
- If necessary, shut off electricity to your home
- Assess the damage
- Call a plumber
- Begin to remove the water from your home
While this sounds simple enough, it can be difficult to stay on track as panic sets in. After all, you’ll be in a hurry to ensure that your home doesn’t suffer too much damage.
Once a plumber arrives, he or she can assess the situation and tell you what went wrong. Of course, your plumber can also fix the problem to ensure that it doesn’t occur (at least not in the same place) again in the future.
So, there you have it. It’s your hope that a pipe never bursts in your home, but it could happen to you. If it does, don’t hesitate to take these five steps. They’ll go a long way in helping you get back on track!
Many people shy away from hiring a plumber for one reason: they believe the myth that it’s too expensive to bring a professional into the fold.
While there is no denying the fact that you will pay for the services of a professional, you should never assume that this is out of the question. Instead, you need to set a budget and then see if you can find a plumber who can provide what you require at a price you can afford.
There is no easy way of saying how much it costs to hire a plumber. Here’s why: it differs based on the scope of the project and the company you contact.
For example, it will typically cost more to have your plumbing lines moved than to fix a leaky faucet.
The best thing you can do is contact a professional plumbing company, ask them to visit your home, and receive a quote for the job. From there, you can make an informed decision as to whether or not it fits into your budget.
In other words, don’t assume that you can’t afford the services of a plumber. You may find that you can bring a professional into your home, thus saving you the stress of tackling the job on your own. Not to mention the fact that this guarantees that the job is done right the first time.
Choosing a plumbing company is easier said than done. While you want to make the right decision, you know that there may be a few challenges along the way.
Although everyone is unique in terms of what they’re looking for, here are some of the many details to consider when making a final decision:
- How long has the company been in business? Have they been serving your local area for many years? The more experience a company has the more confident you can be if you decide to work with them.
- Knowledge of your concern. You should never hire a plumber until you first ask if they have knowledge of the problem you’re facing or the type of help you require.
- There are times when it’s okay to wait around for a plumber to visit your home. There are also times when you need help now, not later. Availability is critical.
- When hiring anyone to do work on your home, a good reputation always comes into play. You should gravitate toward companies that are known for providing high quality service from start to finish.
So, there you have it. If you follow these tips, you’ll find it much easier to choose a plumbing company.
Tackling a bathroom renovation is easier said than done. While this may be something you are looking forward to, you don’t want to take the first step until you have a clear idea of your budget.
There are many factors that can impact the cost of your bathroom renovation, including the following:
- DIY or hire a professional. For example, hiring a plumber will set you back a few dollars. Even so, you get a high level of expertise in return. You need to take this into consideration when planning your project.
- You will have many choices when choosing materials for your bathroom renovation. From the flooring to the sink to the faucet, know how much you can spend on each item.
- Unforeseen problems. While you hope for the best, you know that unforeseen problems can bog down your project. You should expect these to happen and budget accordingly.
- Are you keeping the same layout? Are you changing it? If you want to change your bathroom layout, it’s going to cost more money.
So, there you have it. These are just a few of the many factors that impact the cost of your bathroom renovation.
If you require the assistance of a professional plumber, don’t hesitate to contact us. We are more than happy to help you plan your bathroom renovation project!