Is your bathroom in desperate need of an update? Are you ready to make some changes, but are hesitant to take on a total remodel?
If you answered yes to these questions, there are a handful of upgrades you should consider. Regardless of which path you follow, the end result will be a more enjoyable space.
- Sometimes, all you need is a new vanity in order to improve the appearance and functionality of your bathroom.
- If your vanity is in good condition but your faucet is outdated, this is a basic change you can make within a matter of a few hours.
- Let’s face it: bathroom floors take a beating, day in and day out. If that old vinyl has to go, don’t wait another day to choose new flooring and start your project.
- It sounds like a minor detail, but the mirror above your vanity can make or break the appearance of your room. Could a change do you some good?
- A fresh coat of paint can do wonders for any room, especially a bathroom. So, grab a paint roller and get started.
If you require any assistance with the plumbing side of your project, you’re in the right place. Contact us to share the details of your project and schedule an appointment. We’re happy to help!
If the time comes to install a new furnace in your home, it’s only natural to compare all your options.
In addition to different models, you may find yourself considering a used furnace.
While this sounds like a great idea – as it can save you some money – you’ll want to think twice before you go down this path.
Here are three reasons to avoid purchasing a used furnace:
- You’re taking a risk with it breaking sooner rather than later. With a new furnace, you know just what you’re getting. But with a used unit, you could run into issues sooner than you ever thought possible.
- You don’t know the history. Even if the furnace has been repaired and is ready to provide high quality service, you still don’t know the history. Subsequently, you once again have to worry about a breakdown.
- Lack of parts. Depending on the age and model, you may find it difficult to locate replacement parts in the event that something goes wrong.
With all this in mind, you’re better off contacting an HVAC professional to learn more about the many new furnace models that are available. Once you have one of these installed, you’ll feel much better about keeping your home warm in the most energy efficient way possible.
There may come a point when you need to hire a HVAC company to provide some assistance at your home. For example, if your furnace isn’t blowing hot air, you need to call a professional as soon as possible.
This leads to an important question: what’s the best way to choose the right HVAC company? While there is no right or wrong answer, there are a few things you should consider:
- Online reviews. You want to hire a company with solid online reviews, as this will put your mind at ease from the start.
- Great customer service. A company that provides a high quality customer service experience is one you can be comfortable relying on.
- Prompt response. You won’t always require immediate service, but there will be times when this is necessary. The best companies are able to visit your home without delay.
- Competitive pricing. There is nothing wrong with paying a premium for top of the line service, as long as this is truly what you’re getting in return for your money.
If you’ve been searching for the right HVAC company and have yet to have any luck, it’s because you haven’t called us. Once you reach out, we’ll make sure you’re taken care of!
Are you in the process of renovating your entire kitchen? Are you simply interested in swapping out your old faucet for a new one?
It doesn’t matter why you want to install a new kitchen faucet, you need to realize one thing: there are hundreds upon hundreds of styles to choose from.
With all this in mind, you need a plan for comparing faucets with the intention of making a confident decision. Here are some things to consider:
- You’ll find kitchen faucets for less than $50, as well as those for $500 or more. What are you comfortable spending?
- Spout height. This is primarily a matter of taste, but you also need to consider what will look best and what will fit in your space.
- Number of holes in the sink. You don’t want to buy a faucet that requires three holes, when you only have one in place.
- Pull down or traditional sprayer. Some people like a pull down sprayer, while others prefer a traditional model as they’re most familiar with this style. Again, this is a matter of preference.
With these tips guiding you, you’ll find it much easier to choose a kitchen faucet. From there, you can turn your attention to the installation process.
If you need any help along the way, don’t hesitate to contact us. We’re here to provide you with the assistance you require.
When you turn on your water to brush your teeth or take a bath, do you realize that it’s not as clear as it should be? Does this concern you?
Every once in a while, you may realize that your water is a bit cloudy. While this can be concerning, it doesn’t necessarily mean something is wrong. It doesn’t necessarily mean you need to call your water company.
In most cases, this is the result of miniscule air bubbles in the water. As concerning as it may be at first, if this is the cause you don’t have anything to worry about. It’s harmless.
Note: this typically comes into play when it’s extremely cold outside.
Additionally, water pressure can lead to cloudy water. Once the water escapes the tap, it is no longer under the same amount of pressure. This can result in a cloudy appearance, but it won’t stay this way for long. All you have to do is let your water run for 30 seconds or so, and you’ll soon realize it’s clearing up.
If you have any reason to believe your cloudy water is the result of something more serious, don’t hesitate to contact us. We’re more than happy to visit your home, check everything out, and let you know what we see.
With the cold winter weather in full swing, you may have reason to believe the pipes in your home could be impacted. And by this we mean one thing: frozen pipes that have the potential to burst.
Fortunately, there are steps you can take to prevent frozen pipes in your home. Here are some ideas to consider:
- Keep your garage door closed if there are any supply lines running through this part of your home
- Open vanity and kitchen cabinet doors so warm air can reach the plumbing
- When it’s extremely cold, set your faucet to continuously drip (a trickle will do just fine)
- Don’t turn down the heat in your home, even if you are going to be away for an extended period of time
- Keep a close eye on your pipes, as you’ll want to deal with any leak as quickly as possible
These tips don’t guarantee you will never find yourself dealing with a frozen pipe, but they can definitely work in your favor. If you implement all five of these strategies, you have a much better chance of avoiding disaster this winter.
If something does go wrong, don’t hesitate to contact us as quickly as possible. We can visit your home, assess the situation, and get everything back in working order.
A supply line leak may not sound like a big deal – especially if you don’t use the sink often – but ignoring this problem will only lead to more trouble in the future.
Note: if you’re not actively checking, a supply leak in a kitchen cabinet or vanity can go unnoticed for quite some time. Unfortunately, by the time you notice, there may be additional damage.
Here are a few signs that you’re dealing with a supply line leak:
- Dampness, puddling water, or water stains in the cabinet
- Signs of moisture on the supply line or surrounding pipes
If you have reason to believe you have a supply line leak, grab a flashlight, turn the water on, and get into position. As the water runs, pay close attention to where the leak is coming from.
From there, you’ll want to mark the leak and take action. For example, if the valve stem is the culprit, you may be able to fix the problem by tightening the packing nut. If that doesn’t work, it may be the valve.
If you’re concerned about making things worse, as opposed to fixing the problem, you’ll want to contact a licensed plumber. Don’t hesitate to reach out to us the moment you find water in your kitchen cabinet or vanity. We’re available to provide immediate assistance.
There is nothing worse than running into a problem with your furnace during the cold winter months.
One of the most frustrating situations is finding that your furnace won’t turn on. If this happens, you need to take immediate action.
Before you do anything, here a few things you should check:
- Make sure your furnace isn’t turned off for some reason
- Check your electrical panel to ensure that the circuit running your furnace isn’t tripped
- Check your thermostat, making sure that it’s set to heat at a higher temperature than the current temperature in your home
While these are basic steps, you’ll want to do all three before calling a professional. You may come to find that you can fix the problem on your own, such as by adjusting your thermostat or simply turning on your unit.
If your furnace still won’t turn on, don’t wait another minute to contact a professional. We’re more than happy to take your call, answer your questions, and visit your home immediately. From there, we can diagnose the problem and ensure that your furnace is once again working as it should.
With 2017 coming to an end, it won’t be long before you’re ready to tackle a variety of projects in the new year. Of course, even if you don’t have a project planned, you may find yourself searching for the assistance of a professional.
Here are some top tips for hiring a plumber in 2018:
- Know what you’re looking for. Do you need a plumber to help with a bathroom renovation? How about someone who knows the ins and outs of installing a furnace? You need to have a clear idea of what you’re looking to accomplish.
- Learn more before making the call. You can use the internet to learn more about a particular company before scheduling a service appointment. This alone will give you peace of mind.
- Don’t shop on price alone. It goes without saying that you want to get a good deal on the service you require, however, you don’t want to sell yourself short in an attempt to save a few dollars. You must make sure the company you hire has the experience and knowledge necessary to provide the assistance you require.
With these tips guiding you, you’ll find it much easier to hire the right plumber in 2018.
If you’re ready to get help now, don’t hesitate to contact us. We’re more than happy to learn more about your project and provide assistance when you need it the most!
Maybe you’re tackling a bathroom renovation. Or maybe your old toilet simply needs to go. Either way, replacing a toilet is not nearly as difficult as it sounds. But of course, if you make a mistake, it could lead to some trouble down the road.
Here are some basic tips/steps to follow if you find yourself replacing a toilet:
- Gather all the tools you need for the job, such as a wrench and putty knife
- Remove the old tank
- Rock the bowl from side to side, as this will loosen the wax seal (and make removal easier)
- Clean the area where the old wax seal was located
- Place the new wax seal around the opening in the floor
- Place the new toilet onto the wax ring
- Secure the bowl and install the new tank
- Connect the water supply line
As you can see, it doesn’t take much knowledge to replace a toilet. However, if you don’t know exactly what you’re doing, you may want to hire a professional. There are some things that could go wrong – such as placing the toilet in the wrong spot – that could lead to a leak (among other issues) in the future.