Buying a new furnace is easier said than done. The same holds true for the installation process. With all this in mind, you’ll want to consult with a professional before doing anything.
As the process moves forward, here are five questions to ask a pro before making a final decision:
- How large should the furnace be? Bigger is not always better, so make sure you ask this question.
- How is efficiency measured? You want to purchase an energy efficient furnace, as it will save you money over the long run.
- Is there ever a good time to purchase a used furnace? Believe it or not, this is something that many people consider.
- Is there more than one type of furnace to choose from? The short answer is yes. You’ll want to discuss your many options with an HVAC professional.
- Are there any furnace accessories that make sense for your new unit and home?
While these are among the most important questions, many others may come to mind. If you need answers in the immediate future, don’t hesitate to contact us.
Although we still have a couple months of warm weather ahead, you never know when temperatures will cool off and you’ll have to turn on your furnace.
Now’s the time to ensure that your furnace is ready for cooler weather. While this means something different to everyone, here are some of the many things you need to do:
- Call a professional. Unless you know exactly what you are doing, you should call a pro to tune-up your furnace before the fall and winter weather arrives.
- Replace your air filter. This is something you can do on your own, so don’t forget to do so every three to six months (or recommended by the manufacturer).
- Check your burners to ensure that they are free of dust and debris (this can accumulate during the warmer months).
- Test your thermostat. If it isn’t working as intended, your furnace may not reach peak performance.
- Check all the vents in your home. Which ones are open and which ones are closed? Is this the way you want things?
Now that you know how to prepare your furnace for cooler weather, it’s time to take the steps above.
If you need professional help, don’t hesitate to contact us. We’re more than happy to visit your home, inspect your furnace, and make sure it’s ready to keep you warm in the months to come.
Do you have reason to believe that it’s time to replace your old furnace? Are you wondering if now is the time to take action?
If so, you need to learn more about your current heating system as well as the many replacement options.
Here are three top reasons to replace your old furnace:
· Age. Let’s face it: a heating system does not last forever. So, if your furnace is 15+ years old, it’s time to consider a replacement. It may be difficult to make this decision, but a new unit will provide you with more efficient service.
· High repair costs. There is no denying the fact that there are times when it makes sense to repair a furnace, such as if your unit is relatively new. However, if you have an old unit in need of repair, it’s probably more cost effective to replace it.
· Flooded basement. Unfortunately, many people come to find that their furnace is damaged beyond repair as the result of water in their basement. If too much water enters your unit, internal components can be permanently damaged.
So, there you have it. You may not look forward to replacing your furnace, but there are times when this is the best decision you can make.
If you have questions about your furnace, if you have reason to believe that now’s the time for a new unit, don’t hesitate to contact us. We can visit your home, inspect your furnace, and help you decide what to do next.
When it comes to maintaining your furnace, there are many things you can do to keep it in good working condition.
It’s imperative that you change your furnace filter on a regular basis (such as every three months). Here are five reasons why this is a must:
· To extend the life of your HVAC system. Do you really want to replace your furnace before you have to? Of course not. Changing your filter can help protect against this.
· Save on energy costs. Believe it or not, a new filter can go a long way in bringing down the cost of heating and cooling your home.
· Better air quality. There is nothing worse than the thought of poor indoor air quality. Changing your furnace filter can help protect against this.
· Keep it clean. As you can imagine, a dirty filter has a way of clogging your HVAC system and increasing the likelihood of costly repairs.
· It’s easy to do. It only takes a couple seconds to change your furnace filter, so there’s no excuse for putting this off.
When was the last time you changed your furnace filter? If you can’t remember, it may be time for a change.
If you need any assistance with your HVAC system, even if it’s as simple as swapping out a filter, be sure to get in touch with us. We are more than happy to provide you with the help you need!
As unfortunate as it may be, the warm summer weather is behind us. Now, it’s time to look forward to cooler temperatures and probably a bit of snow.
Fortunately, you can always retire to your warm home when the outdoor temperature begins to plummet.
If you’ve yet to do so, now’s the best time to prepare your furnace for winter. Here are some of the many steps you can take:
- Check and change the furnace filter. This only takes a few minutes, so it’s something you should do today.
- Change your thermostat setting from cooling to heating.
- Take out window screens and make sure your windows and doors are ready for the winter months.
- Inspect burners to ensure that these are free of dust and debris.
- Test your thermostat to make sure it’s working as expected.
As you can see, there are many key steps to take as you prepare your furnace for the winter months.
If you aren’t comfortable doing these things on your own, it’s time to contact a professional.
Every year, we help hundreds of homeowners prepare their furnace and home for cooler temperatures.
Winter isn’t here just yet, but it’s coming soon. Rather than wait a few weeks too long, begin to think about prepping your furnace today.
If you have any questions, if you need any assistance, feel free to reach out at your earliest convenience. We’re here to keep you warm!