Do you have reason to believe that it’s time to replace your old furnace? Are you wondering if now is the time to take action?
If so, you need to learn more about your current heating system as well as the many replacement options.
Here are three top reasons to replace your old furnace:
· Age. Let’s face it: a heating system does not last forever. So, if your furnace is 15+ years old, it’s time to consider a replacement. It may be difficult to make this decision, but a new unit will provide you with more efficient service.
· High repair costs. There is no denying the fact that there are times when it makes sense to repair a furnace, such as if your unit is relatively new. However, if you have an old unit in need of repair, it’s probably more cost effective to replace it.
· Flooded basement. Unfortunately, many people come to find that their furnace is damaged beyond repair as the result of water in their basement. If too much water enters your unit, internal components can be permanently damaged.
So, there you have it. You may not look forward to replacing your furnace, but there are times when this is the best decision you can make.
If you have questions about your furnace, if you have reason to believe that now’s the time for a new unit, don’t hesitate to contact us. We can visit your home, inspect your furnace, and help you decide what to do next.
When it comes to maintaining your furnace, there are many things you can do to keep it in good working condition.
It’s imperative that you change your furnace filter on a regular basis (such as every three months). Here are five reasons why this is a must:
· To extend the life of your HVAC system. Do you really want to replace your furnace before you have to? Of course not. Changing your filter can help protect against this.
· Save on energy costs. Believe it or not, a new filter can go a long way in bringing down the cost of heating and cooling your home.
· Better air quality. There is nothing worse than the thought of poor indoor air quality. Changing your furnace filter can help protect against this.
· Keep it clean. As you can imagine, a dirty filter has a way of clogging your HVAC system and increasing the likelihood of costly repairs.
· It’s easy to do. It only takes a couple seconds to change your furnace filter, so there’s no excuse for putting this off.
When was the last time you changed your furnace filter? If you can’t remember, it may be time for a change.
If you need any assistance with your HVAC system, even if it’s as simple as swapping out a filter, be sure to get in touch with us. We are more than happy to provide you with the help you need!
As unfortunate as it may be, the warm summer weather is behind us. Now, it’s time to look forward to cooler temperatures and probably a bit of snow.
Fortunately, you can always retire to your warm home when the outdoor temperature begins to plummet.
If you’ve yet to do so, now’s the best time to prepare your furnace for winter. Here are some of the many steps you can take:
- Check and change the furnace filter. This only takes a few minutes, so it’s something you should do today.
- Change your thermostat setting from cooling to heating.
- Take out window screens and make sure your windows and doors are ready for the winter months.
- Inspect burners to ensure that these are free of dust and debris.
- Test your thermostat to make sure it’s working as expected.
As you can see, there are many key steps to take as you prepare your furnace for the winter months.
If you aren’t comfortable doing these things on your own, it’s time to contact a professional.
Every year, we help hundreds of homeowners prepare their furnace and home for cooler temperatures.
Winter isn’t here just yet, but it’s coming soon. Rather than wait a few weeks too long, begin to think about prepping your furnace today.
If you have any questions, if you need any assistance, feel free to reach out at your earliest convenience. We’re here to keep you warm!