Have you come to the conclusion that now is the time to finish your basement? If so, you realize that this will add quite a bit of livable space (and value) to your home.
As excited as you may be, you don’t want to get too far ahead of yourself. Instead, just the same as any remodeling project, you need to carefully plan every last step. This means consulting with a plumber before making your first move.
Here are some of the many reasons to bring a professional plumber into your home:
- To better understand your options in regards to the layout. Where will you put the bathroom? How about the sink for your bar? A plumber can tell you what’s possible and what’s not.
- To avoid a mistake. The last thing you want to do is overlook an important detail, such as the need to move a pipe. If this happens, you may have to redo some of your remodel in the future.
- To get the job done right. Some people try to do their own plumbing. Others rely on somebody who is not nearly as qualified as a professional. Don’t go down this path, as you don’t want to take a risk when tackling this type of project.
So, there you have it. These are just a few of the many reasons to consult with a plumber before finishing your basement. Can you think of any other reasons to get in touch with a professional?
Are you in the process of remodeling your kitchen? While this can be one of the most exciting home improvement projects you ever take on, it’s important to remember that there are many details to consider before you make your first move.
For example, you need to focus on any and all plumbing details. Overlooking even one of these could cost you a lot of time and money in the future.
Here are a few (but not all) points to focus on upfront:
· The location of your dishwasher, sink, and refrigerator.
· If any lines need replaced before you begin to put your kitchen back together.
· The location of your oven (if it’s gas).
If you neglect to plan for these details upfront, you can overlook something of importance. For instance, you may forget to upgrade your plumbing lines while the cabinets are removed. As a result, you could find yourself facing a huge challenge in the future.
Do you have questions about plumbing and how it relates to your kitchen renovation project? Are you concerned that you are making a mistake?
Contact us before you get started. We can visit your home, provide you with a comprehensive plan, and make sure that you’re on the right track.
Are you interested in upgrading your bathroom in 2017? Are you ready to create a plan and carry it out?
If you find yourself in this position, you need to consider every possible upgrade. While many people believe this to be an advanced construction project, this doesn’t have to be the case.
Here are three simple bathroom upgrades that can have a big impact on your space:
1. New Toilet
Believe it or not, this is one of the best ways to improve the appearance of your bathroom. It can also add comfort and help you save water. What more could you want?
Tip: here are some tips for choosing a replacement toilet.
2. New Faucet
Just the same as your toilet, swapping out a faucet can be a simple project for an experienced professional.
If your old faucet isn’t doing much for you, it’s time for a change. Find one that suits your style and space and go with it!
3. A Modern Vanity
What if your entire vanity is out of date? In this case, you need to think about removing the old one and adding something more modern. This is a bigger job than those detailed above, but it’s nothing you can’t handle.
If you require assistance with your bathroom upgrades, don’t hesitate to contact us. We can help with all of your plumbing related needs, ensuring that you’re happy with the end result.