With the holiday season quickly approaching, it won’t be long before people are visiting your home for hours on end.
With this in mind, now may be the time to tackle that bathroom project you have been dreaming of. If you don’t know where to start (or if you need to start), here are three ideas to consider:
- Install a new vanity. This is one of the best ways to spice up any bathroom, giving it a fresh look and feel. Best yet, you don’t have to spend an arm and a leg on a new vanity.
- Install a new toilet. Let’s face it: an old toilet has a way of dragging down the appearance of any bathroom. If your toilet is in need of an upgrade, make a change before your holiday guests begin to arrive.
- Update your shower or tub. There are many ways to do this, such as by swapping out the old faucet for a new one, adding modern tile, or resurfacing the old material.
If one or more of these bathroom upgrades makes sense for your home, don’t hesitate to take action before the holidays. You’ll be glad that you did when your guests begin to arrive!
When it comes time to tackle a bathroom renovation project, don’t hesitate to set goals. This will keep you on track from start to finish, while helping ensure that you are happy with the end result.
This leads to an important question: what are the right bathroom renovation goals?
While there is no right or wrong answer to this question, as you need to do what’s right for you, here are some things you may strive for:
- To add more space to your bathroom
- To add more functionality to your bathroom
- To make it feel like a luxury spare
- To use high end fixtures
- To make the space more convenient for guests
What do you think of these goals? Do one or more of these make sense when it comes to your bathroom renovation?
As long as you have at least one goal in mind, you’ll always be on the right track to not only tackling your renovation project but to being happy with the end result. Is there anything more important than that?
Tackling a bathroom renovation is easier said than done. While this may be something you are looking forward to, you don’t want to take the first step until you have a clear idea of your budget.
There are many factors that can impact the cost of your bathroom renovation, including the following:
- DIY or hire a professional. For example, hiring a plumber will set you back a few dollars. Even so, you get a high level of expertise in return. You need to take this into consideration when planning your project.
- You will have many choices when choosing materials for your bathroom renovation. From the flooring to the sink to the faucet, know how much you can spend on each item.
- Unforeseen problems. While you hope for the best, you know that unforeseen problems can bog down your project. You should expect these to happen and budget accordingly.
- Are you keeping the same layout? Are you changing it? If you want to change your bathroom layout, it’s going to cost more money.
So, there you have it. These are just a few of the many factors that impact the cost of your bathroom renovation.
If you require the assistance of a professional plumber, don’t hesitate to contact us. We are more than happy to help you plan your bathroom renovation project!
When remodeling a bathroom or kitchen, it goes without saying that you’ll have many key decisions to make.
If you tackle this process without professional help, there is always a chance that you could make a mistake. This is why you want to consult with experienced professionals, such as a plumber, along the way
Here are some of the common mistakes a plumber can help you avoid:
- The wrong layout. There are many details to consider when choosing a layout for your bathroom or kitchen. The current location of your plumbing will definitely come into play.
- The wrong material. You want your job to be done right the first time around. This means avoiding the use of the wrong material.
- Installation mishaps. Can you think of anything worse than finding a leak after your job is complete? Installation mishaps can and do happen, especially if you don’t have much plumbing experience.
If you’re tackling a home renovation project that requires plumbing expertise, don’t hesitate to consult with a professional. We’re more than happy to visit your home, assess your project, and help you decide what to do next. All you have to do is get in touch!
There is nothing more exciting than planning a bathroom remodel and watching the process unfold.
However, there’s something else to think about: the steps you need to take once the process finally comes to an end.
Here are three things you absolutely need to do:
- Make sure everything is in good working order. If you hired a professional, you can be rest assured that everything is working as it should. Even so, you should check every last detail for peace of mind.
- Clean up. Even though your bathroom is brand new, there’s nothing wrong with cleaning the floors, wiping down the counters, and making sure all dust and debris is eliminated.
- Enjoy your new space. It can be great fun to step into a newly remodeled bathroom for the first time. You should enjoy every last second that you spend in your new space!
So, there you have it. These are a few of the top steps to take after a bathroom remodel. If you need any help with the plumbing portion of your project, don’t hesitate to contact us.
Are you adding a bathroom to your current home? Are you excited about what this will do for the functionality (and value) of your property?
As you begin to move forward, it’s important to consider the many details associated with the project. It doesn’t matter if you’re completing the job on your own or hiring help along the way, you need to make all the right decisions at the right time.
At some point, typically before starting a bathroom addition project, you need to consult with a plumber. This person can review your plans, answer your questions, and help you decide which steps to take next.
Here are five questions for a plumber before starting your project:
- What is the best layout, in terms of fixtures, of my new space?
- Can you provide a basic quote on how much it will cost to complete the plumbing portion of the job?
- What are some of the things to watch out for during the renovation?
- Do you have any advice on which fixtures would be best for my new space?
- When is the best time to take on the plumbing portion of the project?
So, there you have it. These are some (but not all) of the most important questions to ask a plumber before starting a bathroom addition project.
Are you planning a bathroom renovation project? Are you concerned about making mistakes in regards to plumbing and other important details?
If so, you need to take a step back and realize that there is help to be had. For example, you can consult with a plumber before you do anything else. With a professional on your side, you’ll feel better about the steps you take in the near future.
Here are some of the more important questions a plumber can address before beginning a bathroom renovation project:
- What is the best layout of the space in terms of the plumbing?
- Do any of the pipes need to be replaced, such as because they are old or damaged?
- What type of toilet and faucet is best from an efficiency point of view?
- Is there anything to avoid during the renovation process?
- When is the ideal time to complete all the plumbing related updates?
As you can see, there are many questions a plumber can address. All of these questions, among others, should be discussed as soon as possible.
If you’re in the process of planning a bathroom renovation, don’t hesitate to contact us. We’re more than happy to visit your home, review your space, answer your questions, and help you plan the plumbing portion of your project.
Have you come to the conclusion that now is the time to finish your basement? If so, you realize that this will add quite a bit of livable space (and value) to your home.
As excited as you may be, you don’t want to get too far ahead of yourself. Instead, just the same as any remodeling project, you need to carefully plan every last step. This means consulting with a plumber before making your first move.
Here are some of the many reasons to bring a professional plumber into your home:
- To better understand your options in regards to the layout. Where will you put the bathroom? How about the sink for your bar? A plumber can tell you what’s possible and what’s not.
- To avoid a mistake. The last thing you want to do is overlook an important detail, such as the need to move a pipe. If this happens, you may have to redo some of your remodel in the future.
- To get the job done right. Some people try to do their own plumbing. Others rely on somebody who is not nearly as qualified as a professional. Don’t go down this path, as you don’t want to take a risk when tackling this type of project.
So, there you have it. These are just a few of the many reasons to consult with a plumber before finishing your basement. Can you think of any other reasons to get in touch with a professional?
Are you in the process of remodeling your kitchen? While this can be one of the most exciting home improvement projects you ever take on, it’s important to remember that there are many details to consider before you make your first move.
For example, you need to focus on any and all plumbing details. Overlooking even one of these could cost you a lot of time and money in the future.
Here are a few (but not all) points to focus on upfront:
· The location of your dishwasher, sink, and refrigerator.
· If any lines need replaced before you begin to put your kitchen back together.
· The location of your oven (if it’s gas).
If you neglect to plan for these details upfront, you can overlook something of importance. For instance, you may forget to upgrade your plumbing lines while the cabinets are removed. As a result, you could find yourself facing a huge challenge in the future.
Do you have questions about plumbing and how it relates to your kitchen renovation project? Are you concerned that you are making a mistake?
Contact us before you get started. We can visit your home, provide you with a comprehensive plan, and make sure that you’re on the right track.
Are you interested in upgrading your bathroom in 2017? Are you ready to create a plan and carry it out?
If you find yourself in this position, you need to consider every possible upgrade. While many people believe this to be an advanced construction project, this doesn’t have to be the case.
Here are three simple bathroom upgrades that can have a big impact on your space:
1. New Toilet
Believe it or not, this is one of the best ways to improve the appearance of your bathroom. It can also add comfort and help you save water. What more could you want?
Tip: here are some tips for choosing a replacement toilet.
2. New Faucet
Just the same as your toilet, swapping out a faucet can be a simple project for an experienced professional.
If your old faucet isn’t doing much for you, it’s time for a change. Find one that suits your style and space and go with it!
3. A Modern Vanity
What if your entire vanity is out of date? In this case, you need to think about removing the old one and adding something more modern. This is a bigger job than those detailed above, but it’s nothing you can’t handle.
If you require assistance with your bathroom upgrades, don’t hesitate to contact us. We can help with all of your plumbing related needs, ensuring that you’re happy with the end result.