Taking on any type of plumbing job can be more challenging than it sounds. Adding to this is the fact that your safety could be at risk.
It’s important to become familiar with the top plumbing safety hazards, as this knowledge can help you avoid a serious situation. Here are five hazards to keep in mind when tackling any plumbing job (big or small):
- Excessive noise. Depending on the types of tools being used, loud noise may come into play. It’s important that you protect your ears, even if the noise will only last for a few minutes.
- Eye injuries. Eye protection is an absolute must, so invest in a pair of high quality work goggles.
- Hand tool injuries. You’ll use a variety of tools on a plumbing job, so make sure your keep your hands safe at all times. The best way of doing so is to wear gloves.
- You never think this is a problem, until you come face to face with mold (which can be located in many parts of a home). Rather than deal with this on your own, it’s best to call in a professional.
- Electrical shock. When working around water you always need to be aware of electrical hazards.
These are not the only plumbing hazards out there, but they are among the most common.
If you’re concerned about one or more of these, do yourself a favor and contact us. We’ll do the job for you, thus ensuring your safety and well-being!