Can you imagine living in your home without air conditioning? While this may not be a big deal some days, as the temperature climbs it’s something that will go a long way in making you more comfortable.
Here are five tips you can implement to improve the efficiency of your AC unit:
- Call an HVAC professional for a tune-up. From an inspection to a cleaning, a professional knows how to keep your unit running at its peak.
- Close your windows. It goes without saying that you should keep your windows and doors closed when running your AC.
- Replace your filter. During the summer months, your filter will become clogged with dust and allergens. This makes your AC work harder. It may be time for a change.
- Adjust your thermostat. The higher your thermostat setting the less your AC will run. As a result, your electric bill will not be nearly as high.
- Turn it up when you’re away. Do you really need to cool your home when you’re away? Probably not. With this in mind, turn up your thermostat if you’ll be away for an extended period of time.
So, there you have it. These simple tips can help improve the efficiency of your air conditioning unit. What are you waiting for?