There is nothing worse than finding that your toilet is leaking. As frustrating as this can be, it’s important to pinpoint the problem and implement a solution right away.
Here are some of the top causes of a toilet leak:
- Leaking supply line. If the line that brings water to your toilet is defective, loose, or worn out, it can soon lead to a slow leak.
- Broken toilet tank. This doesn’t happen often, but don’t rule it out. The toilet tank is not indestructible, so it could develop a fracture at some point.
- Stuck flush handle. This is something that many people overlook, however, it’s a serious problem that can cost you quite a bit of water.
- Faulty connections. Let’s face it: there are many parts that make a toilet work. If one of them goes bad, such as the result of a faulty connection, a leak could be the end result.
- Improper installation. If a toilet is not “seated” correctly, you may begin to notice a leak from the base. This is a problem that needs repaired without delay.
With so many potential causes of a toilet leak, you may have to do some digging around to pinpoint the culprit. If you need any help, don’t hesitate to contact us. We can visit your home, find out what’s going on, and offer a fast fix.