With the warmer spring and summer months on the horizon, now’s the time to make sure your AC is ready to cool your home.
If you neglect to do so now, you could be in for a big surprise the first time you attempt to use your unit (and that’s not something you want).
Fortunately, it’s simple to prepare your AC for summer. Here are a few basic steps you can take:
- Change the filter
- Clean the condensation lines
- Check your thermostat to ensure that it’s in good working condition
- Inspect and clean the outside unit (such as the coils)
- Remove any debris that may have built-up around the outside unit during the fall and winter months (such as grass clippings, leaves, and trash)
- Check the ductwork, where accessible, for any leaks that could be letting cold air escape
While some homeowners are comfortable taking on these tasks, others realize that they require the assistance of a professional. If this sounds familiar, don’t hesitate to contact us to discuss our many AC maintenance services.
Once we visit your home, you’ll feel confident that your air conditioner is in good condition and ready to provide you with a cool climate all summer long.