It’s easy to get into the mindset that your HVAC system will always run at peak performance. However, if you don’t partake in proper maintenance, this won’t be the case for long.
One of the best things you can do from a maintenance perspective is regularly replace your furnace filter. Here are several reasons why this is important:
A clean filter makes for a more efficient system. As your filter becomes more and more dirty, it has to work harder to circulate air through your home. Subsequently, it takes a toll on your budget and puts a strain on your system.
To improve air quality. Do you really want dust, dander, and other particles circulating through your home? With a clogged furnace filter, there’s a much greater chance of this happening.
To prolong your HVAC system. If you don’t change your filter often, you’re putting a lot of strain on your system. This increases the likelihood that it will overheat, thus resulting in serious damage and a costly repair (or replacement).
This leads to an important question: how often should you replace your furnace filter?
Since no two homes and families are the same, you should get into the habit of checking your filter every few months. If you want to play it safe, replace your filter every three months.
If you require any assistance replacing your filter, don’t hesitate to contact us. We can visit your home, provide the necessary advice, and ensure that your system is running as expected.
It sounds like a waste of time. It also sounds like a waste of money. However, neither one of these things are true when it comes to changing your furnace filter.
Here are five reasons why you want to get into the habit of doing this regularly (as suggested by the filter manufacturer):
Improve the air quality in your home (at all times of the year)
Decrease your energy costs
Allows your HVAC system to work at peak performance
Extends the life of your furnace
Helps maintain a clean HVAC system
As you can see, these things are important for a number of reasons. For example, decreasing your energy costs will save you money over the course of the year. Also, extending the life of your furnace can save you from paying for a replacement sooner than necessary.
With all this in mind, you should get into the habit of changing your furnace filter once every three to four months (typically).
If you need any help with this, don’t hesitate to contact us. We’re more than happy to assist you!
Wouldn’t it be nice if you never had to change your furnace filter? Unfortunately, this isn’t the way these complex machines work. Instead, you need to become familiar with when and how to change your filter to ensure peak performance.
Here are some simple furnace filter tips to keep in mind:
· Don’t just change your filter in the winter. Although you won’t use your furnace in the summer months, the filter is still doing its job when your AC is blowing.
· Buy filters in advance. When you have several filters on hand, it’s much easier to keep up with regular changes.
· Know the frequency. Different filters need to be replaced at different times. Know how long your filter will last, and then make note of when it needs to be changed. This will ensure that you stick to your routine.
· Don’t use the wrong size filter. This should go without saying, but many people have made this mistake. You should never run your system with an incorrectly sized filter in place.
· Turn off your furnace before replacing the filter. Enough said!
Do you still have questions about your furnace filter? Are you worried that you’ve made a mistake? You can always contact us for professional advice and guidance.