As unfortunate as it may be, the warm summer weather is behind us. Now, it’s time to look forward to cooler temperatures and probably a bit of snow.
Fortunately, you can always retire to your warm home when the outdoor temperature begins to plummet.
If you’ve yet to do so, now’s the best time to prepare your furnace for winter. Here are some of the many steps you can take:
- Check and change the furnace filter. This only takes a few minutes, so it’s something you should do today.
- Change your thermostat setting from cooling to heating.
- Take out window screens and make sure your windows and doors are ready for the winter months.
- Inspect burners to ensure that these are free of dust and debris.
- Test your thermostat to make sure it’s working as expected.
As you can see, there are many key steps to take as you prepare your furnace for the winter months.
If you aren’t comfortable doing these things on your own, it’s time to contact a professional.
Every year, we help hundreds of homeowners prepare their furnace and home for cooler temperatures.
Winter isn’t here just yet, but it’s coming soon. Rather than wait a few weeks too long, begin to think about prepping your furnace today.
If you have any questions, if you need any assistance, feel free to reach out at your earliest convenience. We’re here to keep you warm!