A garbage disposal is a luxury that you may not think about often. Instead, you flip the switch when you need it and are happy that it provides the level of service you require.
However, there’s something you should remember: a garbage disposal will not last forever.
At some point, you may come to find that a replacement is necessary. Here are five signs that this may be the case:
- Frequent clogging. There will be times when your garbage disposal clogs, but this shouldn’t happen time after time. If it does, you may need to swap out your old unit for one that is more powerful and/or efficient.
- You’re always using the reset button. Again, this may be necessary here and there, but you shouldn’t have to rest your garbage disposal every time you use it.
- A leak that just won’t stop. You can try to fix a leak associated with your garbage disposal, but if it won’t go away it may be time for a new unit.
- An odor that lingers. There is nothing worse than an odor that lingers, even after you give your garbage disposal a thorough cleaning. If this is too much for you to live with, swap out your old garbage disposal for a new one.
- You’re replacing your dishwasher or sink. If you’re doing either of these things, it’s a great time to also buy a new garbage disposal (unless it’s already new).
If you come to find that you require a new garbage disposal, you don’t have to tackle the job on your own. Instead, contact us for all the help you need.